Samsung X20-XVM 1600-V

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Jul 7 15:12:08 GMT 2005

Ernst W. Winter <ewinter at ewinter.org> wrote:
 > On Thu, 07 Jul 2005, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Ernst W. Winter <ewinter at ewinter.org> wrote:
 > > > well I have a cheap ACER Aspire 3002LC and I can say that most
 > > > things work that I need, that is USB, WLAN (extra PC-CARD) and
 > > > the display is in the range to  give good resolution on a
 > > > standard vesa driver.
 > >
 > > What is the resolution of the display?  I definitely want
 > > more than the standard 1024x768.
 >
 > 1280x1024 - 1280x960 - 1152x864 - 1024x768

Uhm, I meant the native (physical) resolution.  I assume
that's 1280x1024, right?

(I wouldn't want to run a TFT display at anything else than
the native pixel resolution, for obvious reasons.)

 > > > I have no TV out but if you like to see it work I can make
 > > > arangement to see you or at the office at BSn.
 > >
 > > Thank you very much for the offer.
 >
 > Well as I said above that resolution is good enough for my use.

1280x1024 would be OK with me, too.

 > > In fact, my old notebook (more than 4 years old) is from
 > > ASUS (an L8400K), and I'm extremely satisfied with it.
 > > The hardware is supported 100%, and I was even able to get
 > > an US keyboard for it.  However, ASUS reputation has had
 >
 > I got a US keayboard for the ACER too.

Nice.  That's really a plus.

 > > > It installed FreeBSD from a CD, but I testet it first with PCBSD
 > > > at the dealer and left the CD there as they all got exited with
 > > > PCBSD.
 > >
 > > May I ask you what dealer that was?
 >
 > We went from Basel in direction of Zuerich, but I could ask them or
 > send a email and get details as the guy wanted a ASUS and he know at
 > that dealer it was a good price.

Ah well, OK.  I thought it was a well-known retailer or
even a local shop (Munich).  No need to find out the
details, but thanks anyway for the offer.

Best regards
   Oliver

Python is executable pseudocode.  Perl is executable line noise.