Problems building wireless ndis kernel module for D-Link DWL-650 V.P1 under FreeBSD v 5.4... for Intel...IBM ThinkPad 380z...help?...

Dominic Caffey domcaf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 06:11:24 GMT 2005

Mark,
           Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it but unfortunately it
did NOT work. I did indeed find another pair of inf & sys files in the
top level of the DLINK zip file and they had different contents then
what was in the WinXP folder as verified by doing a diff on the inf
file and chksum on the sys files. I also tried the inf & sys files
from the working Win2K installation on the same hardware and also was
unsuccessful.  In all cases, I still got the same error from ndiscvt.
The directions in the FreeBSD online handbook state that one should
use the Win-XP files, which I originally did, but does one absolutely
have to use the Win-XP files or should the Win2k files work as well?
Hopefully someone can provide some clarification on this.  I also
examined my inf files and they didn't have any control-chars-crap in
them; all inf versions appeared to be clean.  Hopefully someone else
can shed some light on my problem.  Thanks again for your suggestion.

Dom