Trouble with APM suspend in 5.3-R

Dave Walton dwalton at acm.org
Wed Jan 19 23:43:45 PST 2005

On 9 Nov 2004, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

 > Please try the following and report whether this helped.
 >
 > 1) Merge revision 1.233 of ata-all.c to your 5.3-RELEASE ata-all.c
 > 2) Apply patch I've sent to this list yesterday (Subject was 'CURRENT
 >    patchset for Thinkpad').
 > 3) Rebuild your kernel with new ata-all.c
 > 4) Reboot and try suspend/resume.

I've been unable to get APM suspend/resume to work with 5.3-R on my
Thinkpad 770Z.  As released, 'apm -z' causes a lockup (it worked fine in
4.x).  Revision 1.233 of ata-all.c fixes that, and 'apm -z' now causes
the system to properly suspend to disk, as it had before.  However, when
the system resumes, it spits out three errors regarding pir0, then
panics.  This happens with or without your patch applied to ata-all.c.

Any suggestions?
Any other info I can provide that might be helpful?

Thanks,
Dave