Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56

Robert Blacquiere freebsd at guldan.demon.nl
Wed Jan 19 11:56:39 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've been using this cardbus card on and off for debugging cases. And
last time i've used it was with 5.2.1 system which worked perfect. But
after upgrading to 5.3 and 5.3S it seems to hang my system. I've got some
wireless 16 and 32 bit cards and all work. But this one failes badly.

I got the dc0 and sio4 device which all worked.

I've tried also using:
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1
and have to add the following to prevent issues with the irda port.
hw.cbb.start_16_io="0x140"

Does any body know a possible solution? It's hard to get some debug info.
Tomorrow i'll try and get dumping and some dmesg output available.

Robert

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!