static umass numbering

Robert Blacquiere freebsd at guldan.demon.nl
Tue Jan 18 02:36:17 PST 2005

Hi folks,

I have got a couple of usb mass storage devices which work nicely with FreeBSD.
But they are numbered chronological on insertion. I would like some sort of
static numbering scheme for easing up for example automounting.
Now i use a hand script which take de base da[0-9]+ numbering as var but hate
this way of working.

Does anybody know a more lazy way to do such thing?

Robert

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!