ThinkPad X40 (2371-H9U) & 6.0

James Snow snow at teardrop.org
Mon Jan 17 22:17:29 PST 2005

Just thought I'd pass along an update for list searchers.

-CURRENT is working very nicely on my X40. On-board gigE card works
under em(4) and on-board wireless works under ath(4). Sound works under
the snd_ich module.

X works with one small caveat. This bug is present whenever the lid is
closed and re-opened:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2004-December/005412.html

I added the following to /etc/devd.conf to fix it automatically. Now I
never even see the glitch:

notify 10 {
        match "system"          "ACPI";
        match "subsystem"       "Lid";
        action                  "/usr/X11R6/bin/xrandr -s 0";
};

I don't use the suspend/resume features, so I haven't tested them.

On the whole, a very nice laptop that works very nicely with FreeBSD.
Thank you to the team that makes it all work.

-Snow