ath driver transmit power?

Kris Maglione bsdaemon at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 16:18:32 PST 2005

Is there a way to adjust the transmit power of the atheros driver? I
just bought a netgear WG511U (because I heard good things about the
atheros driver), but in 802.11a mode, it drops a lot of packets (27%
according to ping -f, ping -i .2 has results as low as 6% periodically).
Anyway, windows seems to show better signal, though I can't test
throughput at the moment, since the windows isakmp system doesn't seem
to like racoon very much. The windows driver even detects a neighbors
11g network, where kismet doesn't.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the power of the
transmitter/sensitivity of the reciever on the freebsd driver? If I have
to, I'll build the ndisulator, but I'd really prefer not to, as you
might imagine. I have no intention of running windows just for wireless,
with transfer rates as bad as they are in FreeBSD (usually < 2bps no
matter how close to the AP I am), I may have to switch to linux (this is
only slightly better than windows) or netbsd if I can't get it up to speed.

Thanks.