suspend/resume on 5.3-stable with ThinkPad T41

Dan Pelleg daniel+fbsdm at pelleg.org
Fri Jan 14 10:48:28 PST 2005

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On 2005.01.14 13:39:57 -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > I have suspend/resume working but for one issue : the mouse.  I can
> > fix the mouse by HUP'ing moused.  I'd like to automate that, but I'm
> > failing to find the solution.
>
> On my R40 I simply added "/etc/rc.d/moused restart" to /etc/rc.resume.
>
> --
> Simon L. Nielsen

Does that actually work? I distinctly remember it having no effect
(as does the archive:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=4773+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-mobile/20041114.freebsd-mobile
).

Are you using APM?

In any case, adding this line to /boot/device.hints did the trick for me:

hint.psm.0.flags="0x2000"

It was suggested on this list, and I think the original discussion
contained some tips regarding other flags you could try setting.

--

  Dan Pelleg