Fwd: Experience with Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop?

julesg at newebmail.com julesg at newebmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:24:25 PST 2005

A friendly FreeBSD'er in the Netherlands helped me get some perhiperals
running; and I did learn some things for my efforts; Conexnat(?), the
modem people, are beginning to be quite responsive to the Linux the
FreeBSD communities, and I expect they will begin to offer Linux drivers
for their modems -- but right now, the 1150 Winmodem (which I require)
only works with M$ OS's.  I purchased this, believing that I could make
things work with FreeBSD -- but not so.  I was replacing an old Tecra and
everything worked fine, with both Linux and BSD -- not so the 1150.

I made a serious mistake -- I should have come here first and asked "What
works best with FreeBSD" and now I pay for that mistake, because when I
boot up I have to look at a windoz desktop.

So Greg, DON'T YOU MAKE THAT ERROR -- find something else to buy!

--jg