Adding Sierra AirCard support from OpenBSD

James Earl jamesd.earl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 04:23:54 GMT 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:11:06 -0700 (MST), M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> In message: <20050227.210609.37239597.imp at bsdimp.com>
>             "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
> : Looks like you have another serial port using 3f8-3ff (which is
> : generally COM1).  I've had communications with insiders that say other
> : serial ports would also work...  I've have no time to integrate
> : things, however.
>
> Also looks like all 4 traditional COM ports are supported, given the
> highest config #....

Changing to a different COM port did allow the device to work.  There
must be something else wrong with my setup because I was getting
really slow performance, and sio overflows...

sio was also reporting something (upon bootup) about not being 8250 or
something... sorry I don't have access to the machine right now.

James