wireless USB support in wi?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Feb 24 18:46:25 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm just curious: Is USB support planned for the wi driver?

I have a Syntax USB-400 802.11b dongle that works quite
well under Linux 2.6.10 with the wlan-ng project. I noticed
that OpenBSD lists it as a supported device under wi:

    http://tinyurl.com/4v4t5

And the Prism 3 is a supported chipset under FreeBSD's wi
driver, so it would appear that the USB stuff is all that's
missing. FreeBSD 5.3 on a Soekris 4801 recognizes the device
merely as "ugen".

Is there planned support for USB devices in wi?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,