snd_sb8 sound blaster PRO

kalin mintchev kalin at el.net
Wed Feb 23 11:24:17 GMT 2005

> I think you are a bit confused as to the sound device in your Thinkpad.
>
> You are trying to load the 8 bit soundblaster driver, which hasnt been
> used in any machine for many many years.
>
> My thinkpad for example uses the snd_ich driver. The sound device is
> soundblaster compatible, but its not a soundblaster.
>

> I would suggest you try to load the snd_ich module and see how that
> works for you instead of continuing down this path

thanks..  now i can hear the cd but still the volume control is not working.
i can open the large volume control panel and change levels on the cd
faders and the fist default volume fader but am not able to change the
speaker level there or using the bar on the small speaker icon in the
upper right side of the desktop....

do i need another driver for that?

thanks...