All your laptops are belong to Windows.

Davide Lemma davide at sito.it
Tue Feb 15 19:21:10 GMT 2005

I'm in a situation similar to you... I've just purchased a Medion SIM2000,
it boots up but I've also some troubles with sound & modem.
Here the strange problem is that the sound card is a AC97 ALS (SiS7012) and
it just outputs from headphone and the modem is a SiS7013 (Intel Winmodem)
that isn't  in the ports tree (while there is the LT winmodem).
For the Video Card with some trick I was able to get a full 16:9 resolution
like in windows but without DRI (this is an Xorg problem).
Above all I'm almost surprised because I know the difficulty to work with a
laptop & unix.
I've tried Fedora Core 3 & Debian III but it gives me an error during boot
(acpi error).
So like a BSD users I feel above all lucky enough.
The only suggestion I feel to give you is to wait the awake of 6.0 because
it will have many changes in ACPI calls. I'm waiting too to have some tricks
about my sound card :)

bye Davide