Acer travelmate 2702 LCi installation problem

Kent Palmkvist kentp at isy.liu.se
Mon Feb 14 09:48:59 GMT 2005

At 12:47 2005-02-12, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have an Acer Travelmate 2702 LCi.
>
>When I put a freebsd installation cdrom (I have tried any version, with
>and without ACPI) in the box and start it up, everything goes fine untill
>it wants to load the kernel. the "/" then just sits there and does
>nothing. I need a power recycle before I can use the laptop again.
>
>Please help, because I really want freebsd on my laptop, and not redhat or
>the likes....(they work fine on the laptop, though)...
>
>Any suggestions ?
>
>Rick

Hi,

Do you have a BIOS setup called "legacy USB support"? If so, try to turn it
off. I found that helped me when I got problems with my Acer Aspire 1522
WLMi showing this type of error.

Do not forget to check the mailing lists
http://www.freebsd.org/search/index.html and bug report data base
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query for more hints and/or
solutions.

/Kent