Thinkpad 600e interrupt storm

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Feb 1 11:11:26 PST 2005

> Date: Tue,  1 Feb 2005 05:55:54 +0000
> From: list at understudy.net
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>

> Hi ,
>
> I have loaded FreeBSD 5.3 on my Thinkpad 600e. However I am getting two errors
> on boot up that concern me.
> Interrupt storm detected on "irq10: pcic1"; throttling  interrupt source
> and
> Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: pcic0 uhci0"; throttling  interrupt source
>
> I have been through google and not found a workable solution to removing the
> errors. If anyone has an answer could you share it please.

My 600E does not get much use these days and is running 5.3-Stable of
about 2 months ago, but I'll see if anything rings a bell.

1. Are you running ACPI, APIC, SMP in your config or loader.conf?
2. Is the BIOS current? Old 600E BIOS had major ACPI issues (if you are
   running ACPI).

I'd suggest making the kernel config and a verbose dmesg available if you
expect anyone to be able to guess what is happening.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)