Xircom Driver Issue

Lakshminarayanan Sundareswaran csnarain at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 23:28:04 PST 2005

Hi All,

I'm new to FreeBSD. I recently installed FreeBSD 6.0 in my Laptop. The
installation completed successfully, but I was not able to configure the
network. Later on I found that my xe driver was not loading properly. The xe
driver is compiled into the kernel. During boot I'm getting the following
error message:

module_register: module pccard/xe already exists!
Module pccard/xe failed to register already exists

ed1: <Xircom 10/100 Network PC Card> at port 0x100-0x10f iomem
0x88000000-0x88000fff irq 11 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
device _attach: ed1 attach returned 6

I'm using a Xircom (XE2000) 32bit PCMCIA 10/100 Ethernet only card.

Can anyone pls help mein resolveing the issue?

regds
csnarain