Repost: DHCP failing with WiFi after 6.0 upgrade

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 6 19:22:27 PST 2005

On Friday,  2 December 2005 at  7:49:33 -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> I sent this yesterday to -questions, but in retrospect perhaps this
> really is the right place; sorry for the duplication.

> I can't seem to get a DHCP lease, however:
>
>   # dhclient wi0
>   DHCPDISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5
>   DHCPDISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 15
>   No DHCPOFFERS received.
>   No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
>
> (Under 4.11, I didn't get any verbose output from dhcpclient.)

Yes, I've seen exactly this.  But I've also discovered that if I
interrupt this dhclient (^C) and restart, it works immediately the
second time.  Have you tried that?  What happened?

Greg