HP zd8000 laptop problems- nothing to do with FreeBSD

Shane J Pearson shanejp at netspace.net.au
Tue Dec 6 04:32:33 PST 2005

Hi Rob,

On 06/12/2005, at 4:01 PM, Rob Lytle wrote:

> I am glad I have a sense of humor about this.  Actually I am lucky.  I
> am only having an occasional spontaneous reboot, and my battery (even
> under Windoze) can't handle the full current draw of the laptop, so it
> overheats and thermal shutdown in the battery powers everything off.
> Some people are not so lucky and their battery burns up.  And the
> graphics card for my laptop hasn't burnt up yet, but then I don't do
> any gaming.

Class Action? Full Refund?

In Australia, if this happened to me, I would not even need a Class
Action or a lawyer to get a full refund.

If a device falls out of advertised spec within the warrantee period,
I can get a Refund, Repair or Replacement at *MY* option. You must
have some rights. You should exercise them.

If it is really bad, then get rid of it!

Shane