Will FreeBSD *EVER* support Hp Pavillion laptops?

Astrodog astrodog at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 03:04:00 PST 2005

On 12/3/05, wrangled <wrangled at verizon.net> wrote:

> I forgot to mention, it hangs on the "spinning ASCII bar" that starts
> immediately after I enter "boot" on a custom install (option #6).
>
> When I do a Verbose boot, it hangs after the first message displayed,
> which is: "/boot/kernel/acpi.ko text=..."

Alright. It seems every Compaq/HP notebook takes its own set of
patches, but that once you find where its breaking they aren't THAT
complicated to get working. Try this, in the boot loader:

set hint.atkbd.0.disabled="1"
set hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

It might be the same bit of brain damage my Compaq had.