Repost: DHCP failing with WiFi after 6.0 upgrade

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Fri Dec 2 13:14:25 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:49:33 -0500
Jesse Sheidlower <jester at panix.com> wrote:

> Is there something that's changed under 6.0, or is there just
> something I'm forgetting to do? Am I actually connected, or
> does it just look that way? I do plan to get a new card, but I
> want to get this working too.

I have the same issue with iwi driver and dhcpd being a different box.
I dont use any crypto mechanism.
Try to set up a static IP and see if you can connect to the AP/network.
Works for me.
It worked with DHCP before but no luck for some time now .

How is you AP set up and is it a FreeBSD box?
Mine has atheros and lan nic (xl0) as bridge members with a fixed IP
set on the bridge iface.

Marcin.