Wireless problem with (BCM43006)

Devnore devnore at burken.nu
Sat Aug 27 16:57:48 GMT 2005

Fabian Keil wrote:

>Devnore <devnore at burken.nu> wrote:
>

>>Fabian Keil wrote:

>>>Which version? Did you use ndisgen?
>>>

>>uname -a
>>FreeBSD slapis 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Fri Aug 26 13:37:08
>>CEST 2005 root at slapis:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SLAPIS i386
>>
>>and i used ndiscvt
>>    cd /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis
>>    ndiscvt -i bcmwl5.inf.ascii -s bcmwl5.sys -o dis_driver_data.h
>>    make && make install
>>
>>all this worked with no errors.
>>
>>the "Error occurs when i load it"
>>    kldload -v if_ndis
>>     Loaded if_ndis, id=10
>>
>>Here i would have expected the module to hook up to the card so to speak
>>
>>    ifconfig ndis0
>>     ifconfig: interface ndis0 does not exist
>>

>The way to build ndis has been changed.
>
>if_ndis.ko no longer contains the firmware binary.
>It now is in an additional kernel module.
>
>Run ndisgen and follow the instructions to build it.
>After loading the new module, you should be able to see your card.
>
>Fabian

Thanks the problem with the connection to the card has been solved.
the next problem will be to actually make it connect my AP currently it
just says: Network Down
I don't think there are any extra Firmwarefiles needed for this card as
i got it to work before my buildworld
i'm guessing (and only guessing) that i have to play around with sysclt
and change some vars in dev.ndis.0 to make it work

As i'm currently not on the machine in question i cannot post any
specific information but if anybody know what i should change please
tell me so i can write it down for the next time i get myself in this
type of situation :)

Also if anybody know a good site where the vars are explained please
post them.

// Simon Ingelsson