Wireless problem with (BCM43006)

Devnore devnore at burken.nu
Sat Aug 27 14:03:11 GMT 2005

Fabian Keil wrote:

>Devnore <devnore at burken.nu> wrote:
>

>>I have a problem with my Wireless card in Dell Inspiron 1150 Laptop
>>The card is a Truemobile 1300 (BCM4306)
>>
>>The Problem occured today when i made a buildworld that completed
>>succesfully
>>the problem after the reboot into the new world leved me with no
>>wireless connection.
>>
>>i rebuild the if_ndis as i did when i first configured it. with no success.
>>
>>a kldload -v  if_ndis only displayed
>>Loaded if_ndis, id=10
>>
>>not the information about the card that it had provided in the past.
>>
>>does anybody know how to solve this problem?
>>

>Which version? Did you use ndisgen?
>
>Fabian

uname -a
FreeBSD slapis 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Fri Aug 26 13:37:08
CEST 2005 root at slapis:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SLAPIS i386

and i used ndiscvt
    cd /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis
    ndiscvt -i bcmwl5.inf.ascii -s bcmwl5.sys -o dis_driver_data.h
    make && make install

all this worked with no errors.

the "Error occurs when i load it"
    kldload -v if_ndis
     Loaded if_ndis, id=10

Here i would have expected the module to hook up to the card so to speak

    ifconfig ndis0
     ifconfig: interface ndis0 does not exist

please tell me if more information is needed and i will provide it