sprintpcs treo 650 & blutooth & dialup networking

Bakul Shah bakul at BitBlocks.com
Sat Aug 27 00:37:59 GMT 2005

> hmmm... strange... what freebsd version are you using (uname -a)? did
> you try to use rfcomm_sppd(1)? something like

I want this working on my -current laptop but it freezes
during all this and has to be rebooted so I am using on a
5.4-RELEASE machine.  If it matters, I am using an IOgear
bluetooth dongle.  dmesg says:

ubt0: Broadcom CCBT2035BDGP23-1, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3

> # rfcomm_sppd -a mytreo -c 1 -t /dev/ttyp1
>
> then in another window
>
> # cu -l /dev/ttyp1
>
> and try to type "AT" to see if the phone returns "OK" back?

Ah, this is a useful hint!

Anyway, nothing comes back in cu.

So I tried a few more things such as re-pairing and
reconnecting with rfcomm_pppd.  The first two times
rfcomm_pppd couldn't connect but on the third try treo
crashed and rebooted!  And now it WORKS!

So I guess I had to reboot treo....  But it sure would be
nice to know what exactly went wrong....  Ah well.

Thanks for your help!

[To answer Tuc at T-B-O-H's question, sprintpcs treo650 firmware
 upgrade means there is no need to hack in DUN support]