Use VGA connector on FreeBSD

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Mon Apr 25 23:06:59 PDT 2005

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Pierre-Luc Drouin writes:
>
>> I would like to buy a laptop and I would like to know if this is
>> usually possible to use the external VGA connector on FreeBSD.
>

> It is. That's not OS-dependent.
>
> FreeBSD probably cannot switch output destination, but the magic key
> on the keyboard can (Fn-F10 on my laptop).
>
> Arnt

ok thanks. I had heard of some people unable to use projectors with
Linux (while it worked on Windows) so I thought it could depend on the
OS. I had also read that we have to edit de X config file and add the
configuration parameters for the external monitor/projector so I thought
the X11 driver had something to do with it.