possible old question - location.sh?

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 24 23:54:41 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 02:15:50PM -0500, Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:10:48AM -0600, Carlos Andrade wrote:
> > At one point (03 - 04?) there was talk of a script that would handle
> > various locations for your laptop.  Work will be providing me with a
> > laptop "soon", and would think I would take it all over the place.
> > Security probes, server setups etc...
> > That entails various setups (besides work and home).  Is there
> > something that can do it now since the link provided to get
> > location.sh (www.isi.edu/larse/etc.html) is dead?
> >
> > Thank you for your time,
> > Carlos Andrade
>
> It sounds like you want profile.sh (https://projects.fsck.ch/profile).
> I haven't used it, but I believe it will do what you want .

It is still a bit unfinished at the moment, but already works very well
(disclaimer: it's mostly me who wrote it). However, a bit of work is needed
before it can be considered to be committed. As I am in the final stage of
my life at university, I will not have time to do this work now, but I can
promise that I will start working on it again no later than July. That's
also the reason that it did not show up in the last FreeBSD Status Report,
there siimply are no news to report.

cheers, t.