Dell 610 - Xorg not working?! on i386/5.4-RC3

Martin Mersberger gremlin at portal-to-web.de
Fri Apr 22 07:17:05 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I've just got a Dell 610 with a intel 915GM graphic inside. I tried the hints, I found
at X.org using the i810 drivers, but the graphic is not recognised using the GENERIC kernel
(not yet tried another kernel )

The thing I wounder about is, that I also get no /dev/agpgart ( and afaik, the i810 family
need the agpgart... ), but agp(4) is in GENERIC. my dmesg also shows no agpX device...

is there no 915 support in the agp driver at the moment?

tnx for your help

cheers
	Martin