[Again] PCCARD & Wireless Aironet 350

Marco Wertejuk wertejuk at mwcis.com
Thu Apr 21 04:06:57 PDT 2005

| I'm now "forgetting" my long experience with linux to try to deal with this
| problem "as a child", that is giving nothing for granted and testing!
| So, after having read the many pieces of doc around the net, I started from
| scratch and began to issue the very basic commands related to pccards by
| hand.
| To start with I issued:
| pccardd
| and the answer was the following fatal error: No PC CARDS slots found!
| What does it mean "exactly"? Is a matter of driver? of memory?

If I'm not mistaken, pccardd is an outdated utility from an older
pcmcia implementation called OLDCARD, but nowadays freebsd uses
NEWCARD which doesn't need any utilities or settings at all (at
least for me, I just plugin my cards and they work if the apropriate
modules are present (like 'an' in this case))

Perhaps Warner can clearify this if he reads this thread :)

Bye.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Marco Wertejuk - mwcis.com