[Again] PCCARD & Wireless Aironet 350

Vittorio De Martino vdemart1 at tin.it
Wed Apr 20 23:25:58 PDT 2005

Alle 10:05, lunedì 18 aprile 2005, v.demartino2 at virgilio.it ha scritto:
> Dear friends,
>
> after years of linux (gentoo) I'm now having a go at FreeBSD on my box.
>
> Context:
> Compaq Evo N800c - 512 MB
> FreeBSD 5.4 (which I installed last night updating 5.3.)
> Wireless pcmcia Cisco 350 aironet
>
> Frankly - I must admit - that linux and *BSDs depart a lot as far as pcmcia
> management is concerned and I'm somewhat disorientated.
>
> The facts:
> In the latest kernel:
>
> device pccard
> device wlan
> device an
>
> In rc.conf -> pccard_enable="YES"
>
> BUT
> upon inserting the aironet card, the system complains:
> pccard0: Card has no functions!
> cbb0: PC Card card activation failed
>

> Please help me straighten things up wit step by step instructions.

Sorry for being so insistent but I really need help.

I'm now "forgetting" my long experience with linux to try to deal with this
problem "as a child", that is giving nothing for granted and testing!
So, after having read the many pieces of doc around the net, I started from
scratch and began to issue the very basic commands related to pccards by
hand.
To start with I issued:
pccardd
and the answer was the following fatal error: No PC CARDS slots found!
What does it mean "exactly"? Is a matter of driver? of memory?

Vittorio