ACPI suspend/resume

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Tue Apr 19 12:56:24 PDT 2005

On Tue, 19.04.2005 at 17:58:59 +0300, Alexandru Balan wrote:
> Hello list,
> I have FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE on a Dell Latitude D505
> My main problem is that acpiconf -s 3 reobots the machine and -s 1 keeps
> it going only for a few hours, draining the battery. Has anyone found
> any workaround for this ? I've seen the problem presented on several
> mailing lists but couldn't find a proper resolution

This is a known problem pertaining nearly all Dell Laptops. Nate Lawson
(njl at freebsd.org) probably knows *why* it's broken, but not how to fix
it.

I think he could fix it fairly fast, iff he got access to actual Dell
hardware. Anyone?

Ulrich Spörlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44