Resume problem on older Toshiba Portege

Phil Short tmp_mbox1 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 10:32:56 PDT 2005

Hello, All,

My Portege 7000CT will not resume unless the external floppy drive is
plugged in.  Basically, it hangs with the display turned on, mouse and
keyboard frozen, until the floppy cable (with attached drive) is plugged
in. This occurs under 5.4-Release and all recent 5.x versions that I have
tried. It worked OK under all versions of 4.xx (including 4.11) that I
have installed in the past.

The 7000CT has a 266 MHz processor, and I have installed a total of 160MB
of RAM in it.  The main reason that this is an issue is that the floppy
cable does not seem very robust, and I suspect that the cable will break
under regular handling.

--

Phil