HP Rugged Tablet TR3000 (Also GoBook)]

knowtree at aloha.com knowtree at aloha.com
Wed Apr 13 14:14:14 PDT 2005

> I use a GoBook IX260 II, and the installation with FreeBSD 4.11, 5.3 and
> 5.4-beta workes with out problems, even the Touch-screen workes, but
> needs calibrating to get the pointer right.
> Now, as far I understand, the Tablet GoBook is very much like a laptop,
> just got the touch screen as main input device, rather than a keyboard.

How do you access the touch-screen? Does it appear to be a mouse?

What do you use for console input (keyboard)?

Do you have a plan for hardwriting recognition? I would like a general
purpose handwriting recognizer that supplies input just like a keyboard,
useable by standard applications. Not for a text editor or word processor,
more as a way to get input into a text input widget, like a File Save As
dialog box, without rewriting the dialog box code. Have you found anything
like that?

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
knowtree at aloha.com