Best Wireless Cards for laptop

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Wed Apr 6 09:43:55 PDT 2005

On April 5, 2005 02:58 pm, swygue wrote:
> I want to know what PCMCIA wireless network cards works best with
> FreeBSD. Anyone has a favorite card that supports 11b and g ?

I'm having great experiences with a D-LINK DWL-G650 rev. B2, and a NetGEAR
WG511T rev. C.  These are Atheros-based cards, supporting 802.11b and
802.11g, along with the Atheros SuperG mode (108 Mbps).  Works okay with
WEP under FreeBSD 5.3, and with WPA under FreeBSD 6-CURRENT.

In general, the Atheros cards work best with FreeBSD 6-CURRENT.
--
Freddie Cash, CLCP CNCP            Network Support / Helpdesk
School District 73                 (250) 377-4357
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca