Sony Ericsson GC85 GPRS/EDGE pcmcia card

Espen Tagestad espent at totem.fix.no
Sun Apr 3 00:53:35 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:13:57PM +0200, Espen Tagestad wrote:
> > Right now, I'd concentrate on understanding why 4.x fails.  I've run
> > non-fast interrupts there as fast as 38400 w/o lost data on a 4.x
> > laptop.  5.x's interrupt preformance might not be as good as 4.x's, so
> > we should try to track down why interrupt latency is hurting you so
> > much more than it hurts others.
>
> That's ok. As I said I reinstalled FreeBSD 4 now, so we can try solving
> it there first. I've also tried running at 38400, see above.

I think I've found something interesting here. As you said, the card my
be emulating something with a much larger fifo. Have a look at this one:

http://configure.sh/FreeBSD/serial.html

This patch supports high speed serial "boards", but it might work with
pcmcia serial devices as well. It supports baud rates up to 921600bps,
which is what I am currently seeing com5 set up as in Windows after I
updated the driver.

Is it any limitations in how fast a pcmcia serial card can be set up?

regards,

Espen