NDIS with Dell 1450 Dual-Band wireless card

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Sat Apr 2 23:06:05 PST 2005

     On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:19:15 +0200 Stefan Bauer <duke at splatterworld.de>
wrote:

>Scott Bennett schrieb:
>
>>     I've made no further progress on the matter since then, but would still
>>very much like to get it working.  If anyone can suggest what to do about it,
>>I'd be very grateful.
>>

>load ndis and if_ndis with bootloader on startup:
>
>edit /etc/loader.conf

     Stefan later corrected the above line to say "edit /boot/loader.conf".

>and add the two lines below:
>
>ndis_load="YES"
>if_ndis_load="YES"
>

>then do a reboot and kldunload followed by a kldload and it should be work.

     Okay.  I've now tried that and gotten the same result.  Or more exactly,
I get the same messages at two different times during the startup.
     Any further suggestions of things to try would be welcome.  Also, an
explanation of what the error messages mean would be helpful, if anyone reading
this knows.  The message sequence again is:

  SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
  Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a
  ndis0: <Dell TrueMobile 1400 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card> mem 0xfafec000-0xfafedfff irq 17 at device 3.0 on pci2
  ndis0: NDIS API version: 5.0
  ndis0: NDIS ERROR: c000138d (unknown error)
  ndis0: NDIS NUMERRORS: 1
  ndis0: argptr: 0x103
  ndis0: init handler failed
  device_attach: ndis0 attach returned 6