growisofs DVD write woes on HP/Compaq

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 04:23:11 PST 2005

Quoted:==========
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:46:25 +0200
From: Stefan Bauer <duke at splatterworld.de>
Subject: Re: growisofs DVD write woes on HP/Compaq
laptop
Cc: freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org

Neil Short schrieb:

>acd0: CDRW <SD-R6252/1A11> at ata1-master PIO4
>cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
>cd0: <TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-R6252 1A11> Removable CD-ROM
>SCSI-0 device
>cd0: 16.000MB/s transfers
>cd0: cd present [174027 x 2048 byte records]

is this burner attached via usb? or just plugged in?

if its just plugged in then u need the lines below in
your kernel
config:

device atapicam
device scbus
device cd
device pass

scbus and cd is as far as i can see included but whats
about pass and
atapicam?

I wish it were that easy. My kernel config file does
have those devices specified.

This bone-head DVD+RW drive doesn't even work right in
winDOH!s (I left a tiny sliver for it when I wiped
this drive for a real OS.) I'm not going to fool with
it until I get HP to fix it on winDOH!s

Thanks for your input.