Dell Inspiron 1150

Anish Babu Pillai anish_babu at excite.com
Tue Sep 28 07:27:54 PDT 2004

Hi,
I've never installed UNIX before. Can you please help me with it? Is there a page where I can find step-by-step instructions?
Please don't laugh at me folks. I don't know which version of FreeBSD is 'stable' for notebooks. I don't know how much disk space to allott to UNIX. I have no idea on where to find drivers. Please help. The website is simply too vast for a novice like me. I have a fast Internet connection - downloading is not a problem.
If this will help you answer my query, here is some info on the notebook I'm getting this afternoon:
Dell Inspiron 1150 running WinXP Pro
2.8GHz Pentium IV @533 Mhs FSB
512Kb on-die L2 cache
512 MB RAM
Onboard Intel ExtremeGraphics2 chipset that shares 64MB of system RAM
AC '97 soundboard
PCMCIA Slot (types I and II)
USB 2.0
DVD RW/+R CDRW Combo Optical Drive
40GB HDD

hopefully yours,

Anish Babu Pillai

"We are not human beings who experience spiritual moments  ....we are spiritual beings in an occassional human experience..."