FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 available

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Sep 27 15:29:38 PDT 2004

> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:18:50 +0200
> From: Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 09:41:08PM +0200, Jochen Gensch wrote:
> > Yes I know, but when I do a "devfs rule add path uscanner0 mode 660"
> > it says devfs rule: ioctl DEVFSIO_RADD: Input/output error. Even if
> > the device does not exist, yet.
>
> Put something like this in your devfs.rules:
>
> [system=10]
> add path uscanner0 mode 660
>
> and add the following line to rc.conf:
>
> devfs_system_ruleset="system"

Thanks for the tip. But where is this documented? I can't find a
reference to devfs.rules or to the devfs_system_ruleset variable. And,
do you know if devfs.rules can create links such as are created by
devfs.conf? I want to have /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd symlinked to my DVD
drive when I attach it.

Any pointers are appreciated.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer