NDISsulator: Setting up a 3Com pc card...

Phil Schulz ph.schulz at gmx.de
Mon Sep 20 05:51:09 PDT 2004

Jochen Gensch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set a a 3Com 3Com, 3CRSHPW_96 Wireless LAN PC Card bu use
> of the ndissulator. However, this does not work, maybe someone has an idea.
>
> I did the following:
>
> cd /sys/modules/ndis
> make; make load
> cd /sys/modules/if_ndis
> ndiscvt -i /cdrom/Drivers/netwpx96.inf -s /cdrom/Drivers/wlpx96e.sys -o
> ndis_driver_data.h
> make; make load

You might want to do this on the console and see what happens. Maybe
there's an error message indicating what's going wrong. If you do it
from an xterm, you might miss some console output unless you check
/var/log/messages.

> kldstat shows me, modules ndis and if_ndis are loaded, but I neither
> have the corresponding sysctl entries, nor an interface ndis0.
>
> A dmesg | grep pccard shows the following:

I think a `dmesg | grep ndis` would be better to post. Oh, and `uname
-r` doesn't hurt, either.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Did you know...

If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,
but what's worse is when you play it forward....
                                      ...it installs Windows 2000

   -- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org