[speedstep] testers wanted

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Mon Sep 20 03:38:15 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:27:36AM -0700, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 06:42:19PM +0200, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> > I just finished a speedstep driver for p3m and p4m but it's a little bit
> > ugly, and worst it would work only with ich chipsets.  Even worst, I
> > don't have the hardware so I can't test it.
>
> I'm confused here; it looks as though these functions are on the LPC bridge.

Yes.

> Does this driver co-exist with the ISA bus nexus driver OK?

No.  That's why I say it's ugly for now.

> I haven't
> tested this yet. It could potentially clash with other drivers which
> need to acquire resources on the same PCI function such as the Intel
> TCPA stuff (from NetBSD), and of course the isab driver.

I don't think it will be the case for now, because it use only actually
an IO port dedicated specifiaclly to the speedstep technology.  That's
also why all the bus_space_???, are for now comented...

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.