[speedstep] testers wanted

Timo Geusch freebsd at unix-consult.com
Sat Sep 18 03:24:17 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 06:42:19PM +0200, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished a speedstep driver for p3m and p4m but it's a little bit
> ugly, and worst it would work only with ich chipsets.  Even worst, I
> don't have the hardware so I can't test it.
>
> Some brave soul can found this in
> http://www.poupinou.org/cpufreq/bsd/
> and it's named ichist.ugly.tar.gz

Compiled on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 running 5.3-BETAsomething,
currently updating to the latest incarnation of -BETA4.

It does load and recognise a device, plus I get the following output
from sysctl -a | grep ich, which I assume is from your driver:

dev.ichist.0.%desc: Intel ICH2m LPC bridge
dev.ichist.0.%driver: ichist
dev.ichist.0.%parent: nexus0
dev.ichist.0.speedstep: 1

Anything specific that you need to have tested?

T.