How to get usbd to umount fle systems without crashing ?

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Tue Sep 14 03:58:41 PDT 2004

Can usbd automatically umount file systems ? How ?
I can automatically mount usb ram sticks from usbd (config below)
but I crash the system when I unplug, even if I use mount -r on attach.

---------------
usbd.conf:
device  "Memory stick Celldisk Pro. IOCELL"
        vendor  0x08ec
        product 0x0834
        release 0x0100
        attach  "sleep 2;mount -r /usb;sleep 2;mount /stick.bsd;mount /stick.dos"
        # detach        "umount -f /stick.bsd; umount -f /stick.dos"
        # detach crashes on 5.2-CURRENT
        # umount crashes machine (with and without -f), even if the mount from attach
        # was a "mount -r", so for now must umount manually.
fstab:
/dev/da0                /usb            msdos   ro,noauto       0       0
# da0 above to enable a probe to initiate automatic creation of /dev/da0s1.
/dev/da0s1              /sandisk        msdos   rw,noauto       0       0
/dev/da0s1              /stick.dos      msdos   rw,noauto       0       0
/dev/da0s2              /stick.bsd      ufs     rw,noauto       0       0

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix,C,Net & Sys. Eng. Consultant, Munich.  http://berklix.com
 Mail Ascii; Html dumped as Spam.  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.