Wireless startup personality scripts?
roth at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 9 00:10:39 PDT 2004
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:03:03PM -0400, Karl Heller wrote:
> Does anyone have a set of scripts that would allow one to chose a
> wireless configuration (for different networks and security settings)
> during startup of 5.x?
profile.sh - to be found at https://projects.fsck.ch/profile
- works with all sorts of interfaces, not just wireless
- handles static ips, dhcp, ipsec protected networks
- detects the network automatically, no manual selection necessary
- almost everything under /etc can be configured per location, not
just network settings
- suspend in one location and wake up in the next is in the works
- it's work in progress, but the current version works very well already
More information about the freebsd-mobile