wireless newbie

Brett Wiggins bawig1 at student.monash.edu
Wed Sep 8 06:56:07 PDT 2004

Hello,
       I have been researching wireless cards for freebsd and settled for a senao NL-2511CD plus ext2 (Prism 2 chipset). When I insert the card into the PCMCIA slot the machine locks up. I checked dmesg to see if the PCMCIA drivers are loaded, which they are, then made sure that the kernel was compiled with;
                                   device wi
                                   device wlan
I read the man pages for both wi and wlan but could not find any reason why this pc card would cause the machine to lock up. I am new to both freebsd and wireless networking so if I have missied somthing simple please let me know.

Thankyou

Brett