5.3beta2 Xircom CEM56 attach returned 12

Tijl Coosemans tijl at ulyssis.org
Wed Sep 1 05:39:37 PDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm having problems to get my Xircom card working. It doesn't seem to
be able to allocate mem. I think in 4-stable it used 0xd1000. Anyway,
I've set the syctl variabe hw.xe.debug to 2 and included the output
below. The first thing I noticed was that it seems to think it's a
RealPort card while this certainly isn't the case.

There are a couple messages related to this in the archives, even  a
patch, but the code has changed since then and it no longer applies.

I'm using an OLDCARD kernel by the way. (NEWCARD doesn't seem to work
with this ToPIC95B).

xe0: pccard_probe
xe0: vendor = 0x0105
xe0: product = 0x110a
xe0: prodext = 0x46
xe0: vendor_str = Xircom
xe0: product_str = CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56
xe0: cis3_str = CEM56
xe0: cis4_str = 1.00
xe0: <Xircom RealPort Ethernet + Modem 56> at port 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 10
slot 0 on pccard0
xe0: pccard_attach
xe0: activate
xe0: Finding an aligned port for RealPort
xe0: RealPort port 0x10f, size 0x10
xe0: Cannot allocate ioport
device_attach: xe0 attach returned 12