Dell Latitude D800 (Xfree86)

Chris Kramer ck at gridway.net
Fri Oct 22 10:47:14 PDT 2004

Hi,

Sorry I should have provided more information.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Eric Anderson wrote:

> > I have a new D800 with a NVidia GeForce 4200 Go Dell Mobile card and
> > am having difficulty setting up my display.  Could someone kindly
> > point me in the right direction so I don't end up having to run
> > Windose on my new laptop?   =:-0
>
> What version of FreeBSD?

v5.2

> Are you using XFree86, or X.Org?

XFree86

> Have you tried the nvidia module in the ports collection?

Can you point me at this?  I looked in
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html and was not able to find
anything NVidia related.

> What kind of troubles are you having?

I run the configurator, select the correct card and have tried just
about every monitor option all of which result in an unusseable
XDisplay.

--
Cheers,
Chris  613.286.5442