How do Dell-Notebooks work with FreeBSD (video/audio/wlan)?

Anish Babu Pillai anishbabu.pillai at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 21:11:00 PST 2004

Hi Paul,
I have an entry level Dell Inspiron 1150. One thing I can vouch for is
reliability. These guys are good. As for LCD display quality, the
specifications are a good indicator.
Component quality is good - Dells are cheaper because of the company's
inventory management and manufacturing process, not because of an
compromise with quality.
Entry level machines have sound cards onboard, and as such, the mic
input is average/soundblaster compatible. High end models with
TurtleBeach soundboards used to be around. I am not sure about
Auxillary input sockets on notebooks. Perhaps the higher end models
have them - you can make a free (depending on which country you're in)
enquiry call to Dell and confirm.
Many cheers and good luck.

--
Anish Babu Pillai

"...We are not human beings in an occassional spiritual
experience....we are spiritual beings in the occassional human
experience...."