NDISulator, 5.3-RELEASE-p1,BCM4306

Michael J Welker Jr Michael.Welker at hogrider.org
Tue Nov 23 12:54:58 PST 2004

First, I'm new to freebsd, please bear with me.

I've got a working, up to date installation, with a few remaining hiccups.

Compiled a custom kernel to support NDISulator, with latest cvsup.
ifconfig returns ndis0, sysctl -a shows a long list of config options, so
I assume ndis is working.

My problem:  I can't set the ssid.  I've attempted using wicontrol &
ifconfig, with no success.  Attempts to set the inet via ifconfig returns
'File Exists' regardless of interface state (up/down).  Additionally, I
suspect I need to force the interface into 11b media/mode (this was an
issue under ndiswrapper)

Other problem:  ums0 is never created.  I'm running a usb wireless mouse
(Targus PAWM10), and I understand that may be the source of my problem
(wireless that is)

--
Thank you,
Mike