FreeBSD 5.3 on Thinkpad X40

Khairil Yusof khairil at apdip.net
Mon Nov 22 02:27:37 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 23:57, Dan Pelleg wrote:

> No need for a USB floppy. Once you have the floppy image in a file
> boot.img, place it in a new directory, cd to that directory, and then:
> mkisofs -r -b boot.img  -c boot.catalog -o ../bootcd.iso .
> You can now burn bootcd.iso to a CD-R, and boot from it on your USB
> CD-ROM.

That worked using dos 6.22 image. I'll try to see if it works with
freedos, so I can make an iso image for others to download.

S3 suspend also works in both X and console, I only need to restart
moused. I saw your message regarding rc.resume and rc.suspend. Have you
got the solution for it? I couldn't find any documentation on how to get
these executed for acpi.

For now, I'm find with running `/etc/rc.d/moused restart` manually
considering the state it was before IDE2 was disabled. :)

Now on to project evil to get Intel 7100 wireless adapter to work.

--
Khairil Yusof <khairil at apdip.net>
UNDP-APDIP International Open Source Network