acpi_video, 5.3-RELEASE, ThinkPad X31?

Brad Karp bkarp+ at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 17 14:44:02 PST 2004

Thanks for the pointer to the patch, and the sysctls.

I've replicated them on my X31. Still the backlight won't power off. :-(

I realize now that I shouldn't have expected any change, though: given that
acpi_video isn't attaching on my box (no mention of it in dmesg), the DPMS
code added to that module in the patch won't be invoked.

Are there known problems with acpi_video attaching on ThinkPads of some
models? How about known fixes?

Thanks,
-Brad, bkarp at cs.cmu.edu