Trouble with APM suspend in 5.3-R

Andrew Belashov bel at orel.ru
Wed Nov 10 03:12:08 PST 2004

Hello, All!

I have problem with APM suspend/resume on my old Fujitsu FMV biblio NU13
notebook. Notebook lock up in tsleep(&gotit, PRIBIO, "atasusp", hz/10).

Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>   Gary,
>
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:24:01PM -0500, Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D. wrote:
> G> Help! APM "suspend" appears to be broken in 5.3-R !
>
> Please try the following and report whether this helped.
>
> 1) Merge revision 1.233 of ata-all.c to your 5.3-RELEASE ata-all.c

This revision helped me two weeks ago. Now, suspending worked correctly,
but resume does not work. Kernel panics by kernel stack overflow.
I do't have full back trace, but manualy reconstructed:

[many BIOS recursive calls]
bios32()?
pci_pir_biosroute()?
pci_pir_walk_table()
pir_resume()

> 2) Apply patch I've sent to this list yesterday (Subject was 'CURRENT
>    patchset for Thinkpad').

No way to try this patchset. My notebook does not have csa(4) sound.

> 3) Rebuild your kernel with new ata-all.c
> 4) Reboot and try suspend/resume.

Best Regards,
Andrew Belashov.